FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:27 pm
BD1959

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The connection time in december from QF-BA at LHR is 90 minutes , so not exactly a huge time in a terminal once taking into account the inter terminal transfer time
Given the last time I flew into LHR (Sept) we had a 40min hold over North East London, there's no way I'd book an inter-terminal connection of 90mins. What's that you say? If all on one ticket BA will book you on the next available flight - sure, and what if that flight is not for a couple of hours after you get to T5 because the others are full of connecting pax with higher status? I know, wile away the time in the Lounge ...... d'Oh!!

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Who's to say that QF won't just close their lounges if going on hypotheticals; they may in the future change it and that may remove access but that hypothetical aspect is hardly a reason not to use them now
But the Galleries roll-out isn't hypothetical:
THE BEST PLACE TO REFRESH YOURSELF IS IN OUR REFRESHED LOUNGES
As part of a global programme, we’re continuing to refresh our Galleries Lounges. You can now enjoy new Galleries lounges in Geneva, Athens and Nairobi, with Rome and Milan Malpensa coming soon.
Regards,

BD