FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I intend to run for President of the TalkBoard and I am going to tell you why.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:47 pm
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Apparently you missed out on the opportunity for free elite status that many of your fellow mods took advantage of. Talk about a conflict of interest. Also nice when Carol ignores my PMs asking for a list of moderators who may be biased about negative comments about the airline that is providing them benefits.
I have received no elite status as a result of being a mod. The only 'payment' I've received were two stipends for attending mod dos - neither of which were sufficient to cover all the costs of my attendance (which is not a complaint, if I had been unwilling to spend money going, then I wouldn't have gone) and a FT t-shirt.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Are you saying you may not want to be a mod if you are held accountable? No one is forcing you to be a moderator, and if you don't abuse your privileges and power as moderator why should you be worried about these proposed changes?
No, I'm held accountable presently. What I am not willing to do is continue to be a mod if I'm going to be subject to audits and performance reviews, and threatened that if I don't comply and toe the line as TB thinks, then I will be removed.

TB is a popularity contest. I know it's good points and its flaws intimately. It's not the body to regulate moderation, which is commonly unpopular - while TB is all about maintaining popularity. I do not want someone overturning my management of a forum because it might get them some votes - this is the group which voted one way and then immediately raised a motion to reverse the result of the first vote. Forums cannot be managed on a whim like that.