FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:27 pm
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
I have a stay at this hotel in a week and I just called to see if availability had opened up for a Diamond Suite Upgrade and was told that Sunshine on Sale rates are not eligible for Diamond Suite Upgrades. I thought that pretty much all paid rates were okay with Diamond Suite Upgrades.
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I have used Diamond suite upgrades on the Sunshine on Sale rate in the recent past, at least twice. Did you call GP or the hotel? Either way, I would call GP and try again.

If this rate has now been excluded from the suite upgrade pool, that will be a significantly negative change for me.
Originally Posted by jimmychang
The agent was definately wrong.

"A complimentary suite upgrade is only valid on paid stays/nights, when paying an Eligible Rate for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights. "

"An "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. "
Well, I contacted the GP Concierge here on Flyertalk and was told that my reservation was not eligible because what I booked was not a publicly available rate. I've asked how they classify a reservation I made on Hyatt.com as 'not publicly available'.

I've gotten spoiled using suite upgrades I guess, never had a problem until this Hawaii trip and it's just one thing after another between this property and Kauai.

Edited to add:

Received a follow up message that because I used an Offer Code (the one shown on this page of Hyatt.com under Special Offers for this hotel), it is not a 'publicly avaiable rate'. So, using an offer code that is pulbicly available to anyone on Hyatt.com makes the rate not publicly available.

The upside to all of this is it's eliminating any regrets I have about not having renewed my Diamond Status for next year.

Last edited by Beckles; Nov 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm