FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:46 am
dark_horse
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Originally Posted by Horris
As far as I can tell, it's basically 10x Avios on your spending for 3 months for anyone who is approved. As I'm on the brink of an Amex 241 anyway, it will be a useful way to top up my miles.
You are referring to a different offer
Yep, just to be clear (and for my own thought process too, in case anyone wants to correct me), there are two offers:
  • 2,000 bonus Avios per quarter for starting a new relationship with a company (LloydsTSB, Shell, Tesco and BA) based on a minimum spend. It's a bit confusing but this one is open only to ex-Airmiles users or, potentially, Avios.com members who can get a single Avios into their account by the end of tomorrow;
  • 10x Avios bonus (i.e.: 12.5 Avios per £ spent) for three months for taking out a LloydsTSB AMEX card, which also might have benefits as per point one. [There's also a 2-4-1 available on this card with £15k spend, but it's redeemable in Y only]

I've just opened an Avios.com account, and will transfer a BAEC Avios across and hope it works. If not, well at least Avios.com provides a few extra options for earning opportunities...

[...and part of me thinks that, given that Avios is likely to be much bigger than BAEC alone, there will be a greater number of times when the company offering Avios points gets it slightly wrong and hands out probably more than they intended to! ]