FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Squeezed out on a US flight! What about passenger sizing? (merged threads)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:47 am
largeeyes

Originally Posted by bossku69
Ive been in this situation before and its not fun... typically because I am a bigger guy myself with broader shoulders and being 6'3" does not make any flight fun unless its in FC

I was on a flight before sitting in row 5 (first row of coach) aisle seat. The woman sitting next to me was old and her son wanted to sit next to her but she demanded sitting in the front of the plane.

The FA asked me to move and I denied because not only did I have to pay a premium for that seat, but also had to book it way in advance to secure the bulkhead.

Another FA told me if I didn't get up and move than we would never leave. Turns out the old womans son was CP and he pulled that card and got his way. Some reason he had a middle seat towards the back and was a horrible flight. Guy next to me was larger and kept moving around and the woman beside me must of gotten up 10 times during a 5 hour flight to use the bathroom.

Complaints do nothing IMO and I've learned to have comfort I have to pay more and buy up to FC. What I typically do is buy my tix 3 days before so I am pretty much guaranteed the upgrade going out and then buy FC on the way back. Yes its a little more but I know its well spent when I want to sit back and relax on a 5 or 6 hour flight.

You have infinitely more patience that I. If I had paid a premium for that seat, I would be livid if they forced me to move for a CP who had no right to it. Did they refund your premium? I'm livid and it wasn't even me.