FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comparing AC to other airlines
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2002, 1:37 am
sing-along

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I arrived on Wed night back here into YYZ from YEG/YVR this past wkend. YEG for pleasure and YVR for business.

Just wanted to post an interesting comment that was made to me.

I was checking in YYZ on Friday and I was in the SE line. There were 3 agents working there. One of them, I remember distinctly. Her vileness and distain towards me was quickly hidden when concierge came to my side (read rescue) in mid December.

As luck had it, she was free and she motioned my wife and I to approach. She was more friendly this time. Asked where we were going. I then asked that the bag be checked in under my name (for insurance purposes not to mention AC has always bent over backwards for me when it has come to baggage problems and purchases I have had to made relating to delayed bags). She looks at me and shakes her head, pauses and then says yes. The headshake reminded me of the things she said and did in mid-December, although I was just waiting for the rolled eyes to be directed my way like in December after making a request.

I then thanked her and then said "Thank you, I do appreciate that XXXX". She was stunned. Asked me how I knew her name. I did not reply to that question but the said to her here are our ids.

This is the interesting comment she made to us. She then asked did I know her name because "I (Check-in agent) was not nice to you or that I did something wrong".

We both thought it was interesting that the only reason she thought that I would know her name was because she was rude to me or did something wrong -- although she was right on both accounts.

My response to her question was "Is the flight on time this evening?". She then commented that I did not answer her question.

I was pleasant throughout the check-in as was she after I called her by her first name although I did not say anything more than what I have typed above except for at the end I said two words -- "Thank you" and then left.

But overall...the flight to YEG was very good (although I slept all the way there) but my wife said they were great and everytime came by tried their best (and succeeded) in not waking me up at all.

From YEG to YVR the flight was okay as was AC142 to YYZ. Nothing exciting about inflight. Mine FA was good.

As far as check-in, the agent in YYZ became pleasant, but in YEG...check-in was **excellent**. In YVR things were great as well. Concierge met me on the outbound flights from YEG and YVR (outbound), although I did not request to meet them.

Glad to see that some things have improved. I'm off to YUL in the morning...this time revenue, so let's see what happens!

Gotta go...up for 21 hours and need to post one more thread....

Cheers