FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta FA's to remain union free
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:46 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pitbulllover
We boarded and she helped with taking coats and offering PDB. After boarding was done and we were still waiting for the FA, another lady stormed onto the plane (I'm not exaggerating), took the off-duty FA into the front galley and the first words out of her mouth while pointing her finger to the off-duty were, "I want you to listen and not talk. No, I said I want you to listen and not talk." It just went downhill from there and was in clear view and audible to some of the passengers, as well as rather unprofessional. I was in 1B.

One of the other FAs came over and stated that "She did the right thing for the passengers so they could board." She then continued on that "this is what we do at Delta. This is what we have always done at Delta. We do what's right and help each other." The lady who came onto the plane (union manager?) literally just ignored what she was saying and didn't even bother to look at her. That gave me the impression that this other FA was PMDL, but could be mistaken.
That was a GREAT off duty FA you had to do that. Why would someone yell at an employee going out of their way like that? By the off duty FA doing that it kept many passengers happy (who are responsible for paying their pay) and left a good image of their employer and FA's in general.

In that case I would have definitely given the off duty FA a job well done certficiate if I had one and emailed Delta telling them how lucky they are to have employees like her.