FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask the BA Staffer and Heathrow ATC
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2011, 1:04 am
ColdWalker

Ask the BA Staffer and Heathrow ATC

After a few chats with staff members who frequent the forum, we agreed it would be a good idea to have a thread where you could ask them any questions. Much more their idea than mine. I decided to wait until all the folderol over the change to Avios had calmed down.

All questions are allowed with one exception. No questions about security please. And as it's my thread I'm going to ban some words - devaluation, winging, 97%, Boston Harbour and Easter Island . Remember we have ground crew, cabin crew and deck crew (I hope I got the terminology right) as well as customer services (although there's a separate thread for Avios questions) and lounge staff (not strictly BA). A member of Heathrow ATC has also offered to answer questions.

So, me first. One for cabin and deck crew. You've all done the safety courses. You have a far better idea what it would be like to try and get out of a smoke filled, wrecked cabin. We all hope it will never happen of course, but based on your training what would your top tips be to make us one of the ones that survives?

Last edited by ColdWalker; Nov 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm