FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta FA's to remain union free
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:37 pm
adamj023
Suspended

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
^ I think it's an issue of the enemy you know vs. the enemy you don't. For example, has there ever being a significant, internal effort on the part of DL FAs to unionize? None of these efforts were successful, nor were the votes as close IIRC. The AFA admits it has spent millions of dollars, from their members' dues, trying to get into Delta. Were those efforts motivated by an outspoken need for better working conditions from inside the DL ranks, or were they motivated by the potential financial payoff?

I can only hope the language and attitude of the AFA press release is not typical of their general membership, and everyone can move on via a smooth transition. Unfortunately, I expect there will be bumps in the road coming from both sides in an ongoing us vs. them debate. I also expect we'll see too many FT posts about "can you believe what I overheard the FAs griping to each other?" in the future. As our kindergarten teachers used to say, everybody play nice!
Since the new rules kicked in, this will make Delta a fabulous carrier from JFK and LGA. It will be exciting for the new Terminals to kick in as well. Lots of good stuff to look forward to from this carrier. Union baggage is still ever present on some other carriers which are not as well run right now.