FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold v. Platinum
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:28 pm
view-with-a-room

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The differences between Gold and Platinum are well documented on the Delta web site and well discussed elsewhere. The importance of the differences are subjective. Over the course of the year I earned Platinum and accumulated 500,000+ Sky Miles and could not be more pleased with the opportunities associated with the benefits associated with award travel! And I could not be more pleased with the complimentary Economy Comfort seats. The newly acquired AMEX Delta Reserve card also allows for complimentary access to Sky Club and a higher priority.

And as a side note, I visited Hong Kong this year to meet the requirements for Platinum. The most enjoyable 17,000 MQMs earned to date. I will be in Frankfurt over Thanksgiving via complimentary Economy Comfort seats and upgrades to first on all domestic flights five days prior to departure (paid for via bump vouchers from the last trip). And the trip to Vienna / Madrid in February via award travel is now 100% business class after three fee-waived changes (100,000 miles).

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Nov 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm