FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Chrysler 300 Limited Ride Report/Review
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:49 am
Jack Wang

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
I rented one of these for a weekend in Reno, after exchanging an awful Ford Escape.

So very much improved, as everyone else said. Remote Start, keyless start, and LEDs are some of my favorite things in cars. The engine and exhaust sound great, and after 2 days of hard driving (love me some RWD rentals), still got about 22mpg.

Handling was pretty good as well, as we took it through the mountains and lapped Lake Tahoe (at the speed limits, of course ) Turning radius is good as well, since we had to turn around on 2 lane roads, and shoulder to shoulder with no reversing was a HUGE plus.

Agree that there is a lot of road noise from a Premium car. Also agree that the wheel is heavy at low speeds, but I rather like that. Keeps me out of the gym another day. Audio system was great (Bose, I believe) and visibility was much improved over predecessors.

My only gripe was not something of the car; I absolutely hate it when they string up both key FOBs (and the ID keychain) on the same chain. My pocket was enormous.