FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective Complaints, Rants and Gripes Thread about Avios/BAEC
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:48 pm
HilFly

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Collective Complaints, Rants and Gripes Thread about Avios/BAEC

I would like to make it quite clear that I did not start a thread called Collective Complaints, Rants and Gripes Thread about Avios/BAEC. My original post below was called Why I am dismayed with BA. I apologise to those who posted thoughtful replies to my post that this thread has now been renamed and designated a catchall thread for Complaints, Rants and Gripes Thread about Avios/BAEC.

HilFly

I am a long time US BAEC member. I am on the east coast, and most of my BA travel at the moment is to the UK. My usual reward bookings will require fewer miles in the future and I will earn more tier points on future paid intineraries. Apart from occasional reward trips to the former Europe zone 1, the changes are positive for me.

But I am absolutely dismayed at how badly this is affecting some other members and how this whole thing has been communicated and implemented.

This is taken from the web page that BA linked to in their first email on September 1 announcing changes to the program.

Straightforward pricing for reward flights
We’ve found a simpler, easier way to price reward flights and our reward flight zones will be enhanced in November.
On 97% of our routes there will be either no change or the route will require even fewer Avios than the current BA Miles. We will update you more on this nearer to November.

Link to whole page

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t=BBBB55RRBBBD

If the sentence about 97% of routes not changing or requiring fewer Avios is not what BA intended to communicate I would like to know the names of the people whose heads are going to roll for that one. Clearly, 97% of routes are not staying the same or requiring fewer Avios.

And as for the "simpler, easier way to price reward flights" what could be simpler than what they had in place before? The replacement of an "award chart" with an "award calculator" speaks volumes!

Although I am not disadvantaged materially by these changes, the whole episode has left me feeling distaste for BA.

Moderator's Note - current at 15:33 (GMT) on 19 November 2011

We have decided to turn this thread into a "collective complaints and gripes thread" as there are currently many rant threads being posted and this thread contains a lot of complaints, rants and gripes. As a consequence, we have also changed the title to reflect that, and also moved some posts from other threads to this one. (At one point it was titled "Collective rants and gripes thread" but I received a complaint about the thread title so I have changed it). This thread was originally titled "Why I am dismayed with BA" by the OP.

You are welcome to complain or rant away on this thread, with two provisos - please make sure you observe the Terms of Service of this forum, and please be respectful to each other.

We also ask that complaints, rants and gripes about Avios/BAEC and associated issues are kept to this thread, so that they do not take over the forum and push other threads to the back.

If you want constructive help with using Avios, or wish to make a constructive suggestion about how things can be improved, this is likely not to be the thread for you. There are threads offering constructive help and tips that you will be able to find on this forum.
Also, if you do not want to read rants, this is also probably not a good thread to read.

Thank you everyone, now please feel free to rant away.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA Forum

Last edited by HilFly; Nov 19, 2011 at 9:20 am Reason: Clarifying that the thread title is not mine.