FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:11 am
thegent

Booked a OneWorld award!

First off, thanks to Austinrunner and others for and the great updated information here in this thread.

I'm also reporting that I wasn't able to book QF-JQ operated flights. It wouldn't take in the reservation system, I asked that this be researched. It turns out that JQ operated flights are only valid for all-partner awards. The strange thing was that the computer wouldn't book international flights (eg: DPS-PER), but would reserve domestic flights, say within Australia or New Zealand. However, this didn't help me, and at any rate, in the response from corporate regarding the international flights, they also clarified that any domestic JQ operated flights would likely be rejected at the review level, even if the computer allowed a reservation.

So, for me, no SIN-DPS, DPS-PER, BNE-CHC. In a way, not a huge loss since award availability on JQ flights was really poor in the first place.

Here's what I did: SFO-HKG-CGK-SYD-ADL-MEL-AKL-LAX-SFO-LAX-LIH. All for 150k miles, plus approx. $230 ea. person for taxes/phone booking fee. Had to accept a few downgrades to Economy, will be able to upgrade if there is availability.

Thanks again and Cheers!