FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:59 am
Ineverthoughtthiswouldhappen

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier
Originally Posted by myrgirl
MYR has 2 MMW scanners. One is fed by lanes 1 and 2 and one fed by lanes 3 and 4; not a whole lot of SDOO opportunities there, but since we do send some people through the WT to keep the line down I suppose it could be done. That said, I've seen plenty of opt-outs (and some opt-ins!) and I've not seen any power-tripping, bullying, or retaliation. Sometimes the TSO will point out that the machine doesn't use x-rays, but I've seen no attempted coercion. Just a discreet call for an opt-out assist on the radio, a quick hand-off, and a standard pat-down. No more, no less. I hope it doesn't deter anyone from traveling through here because we are all nice, polite people here despite general public opinion.

PS. I've always seen written on here that the vast majority of people utilizing these machines end up getting patted down somewhere on their body and I always wondered why. Now I know. Items in pockets are by and large the main culprit here, mostly wallets and/or folded money for me and cell phones for women. A close second for women seems to be all the rhinestone and beaded embellishments on their clothing.
Thank you for your kind words. This goes to show you that the TSA is not all bad....sometimes it depends on the "airport management/ TSA management at that particular airport."