View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 11, 12:55 pm
tluxe

Langham 1865 Program

Any other Voyager(Gold) or Destiny(Plat) members here? I'm looking for feedback to compare how so-called 1865 elites are treated under this program.

I just find little to no benefits of this program (other than the 500 airlines miles per night). I've been a Voyager (Eqv of Gold) for the past year. I'm also SPG Gold (almost Plat) and have decided to push my stays into SPG to get Plat - since 1865's criteria for Destiny is so vague and subjective.

1865's upgrades are usually downgrades in my opinion. Better located room usually equals smaller, older rooms. I've found myself sending emails before check-in - please do not upgrade me! The check-in perks (fruit, water, chocolates, etc). Meh - for me - staying frequently - what I really want is free nights, suites, upgrades for leisure stays. This program does not deliver that at all. Just some unnecessary snacks in your room at check-in.

Curious what other think about this program. I'm hoping with some customer feedback - things might improve. I like the brand and some of the properties, but the reward program needs some major overhauling before I commit any further..