FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 AA "Soft Landing" / Status Downgrade: discussion & experiences (consolidated)
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:12 pm
freeupgrade

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
I had a VERY soft-landing this year (flew only 15,000 miles last year as a Plat). I did receive my Gold Card early this year (after many years of being Platinum, the card didn't look good..).

Regardless, AA had a special early this year to purchase into Platinum. I forgot how much it was, IIRC $750. I purchased it back in March and I am glad I have as I am re-qualifying for Platinum flying >50,000. The huge differences of Gold vs. Plat have been the OneWorld Lounges and more important, the 100% bonus miles with Plat. over the 25% bonus miles with Gold. This has helped me a lot as I'm trying to get to the One-Million Mile Lifetime League.
Good idea. I think there are big differences between PLT and GLD (just my 2 cents).