FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:21 pm
JY1024
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seawolf
Apparently you do get protected on separate tickets as long as both are oneWorld flights.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
Thanks for providing that link! ^ For posterity's sake (i.e., in case the wording changes or the page goes away), I've copied the text below:

Changes to itineraries for passengers holding separate tickets:

AA to/from Non- oneworldŽ Carrier
Schedule Irregularity procedures and AA Conditions of Carriage do not apply to separate tickets purchased by the customer as part of their journey. Example: customer holds a ticket from ABQ-ORD-ABQ on AA (001 ticket stock) and a separate ticket on another carrier for continuing travel from ORD. If the AA flight is late or cancelled, AA has no responsibility for onward travel on a separate ticket for travel on a non- oneworld carrier. Advise customers who may be affected that they will need to work separately with the other airline for assistance.

AA to/from AA or a oneworldŽ Carrier
If a customer is holding separate tickets on AA or another oneworld carrier, customers holding separate tickets where travel is on oneworld airlines should be treated as through ticketed passengers. In the event of a disruption on the originating ticket, the carrier responsible for the disruption will be required to reroute the customer to their final destination. The ticket stock of the second ticket must be of a oneworld carrier, eligible under the Endorsement Waiver Agreement. You may contact AA Reservations 1-800-433-7300 (U.S. and Canada) or outside the U.S. and Canada, reference Worldwide Reservations Numbers for additional information if the separate ticket is for travel on a oneworld carrier.