FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - a packing problem
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:14 am
emma69
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peachfront
Years ago, I visited Paris for the first time, and I believe it was the folks on this thread who advised me on my wardrobe. Soon, I will be visiting again, but I would like to do it with only a carry-on bag. Hmmm. I will take suggestions or maybe I will just make notes of my packing story and report on what I did when I come back. I assume it will be COLD! The trip will be 8 days, London, Paris, Vancouver, so maybe I'll just wear everything until it's time to head home where it's warm!
London / Paris are around 14 degrees C (57F?) at the moment so not all that cold. I normally take a long trench type rain coat which has a removable padded liner - so it is good when it is just wet without the liner, and with the liner if it is wet and cold or just cold. I wear that on the plane, along with a 'match everything' pashmina, so no packing bulk.

I generally find that with the coat, it doesn't much matter on the other clothes - if I am outdoors I have the coat and pashmina. If I am indoors they have the heating on. Trousers / jeans / tops etc. I wear the same ones whether it is 20 degrees or -20 degrees - perhaps with a jumper if -20, but not a lot of difference!