FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to make Sky Pesos work for you
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:45 am
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Hey folks, just popping in for a moment to say thanks to the folks that enjoyed or found some value in my blog post on booking Delta awards.

Of course there's more to Delta awards than what I've put into a single blog post. It's a public post and just.. a single blog post. It's also a part of a larger series on booking awards, so isn't meant to be all-inclusive.

It's written in some generalities, I always appreciate comments because it helps to hear how folks read a particular statement, sometimes differently than intended, though to be clear there absolutely are several non-European carriers and non-European originating routes where fuel surcharges prevail. In the post I give some examples for various phenomena I don't mean for it to be comprehensive given the short format. (And by the way, Delta absolutely publishes fares and with routings EZE-SYD... the point of that other post was simply to illustrate some of the 'interesting' pricing that Delta.com generates, offering a rather extreme case)

Folks who write about their own expertise, congrulations to you! And those who take shots at my simple introduction to booking awards with Skymiles, please consider writing your own guides. ^

As for my award bookig service, I'm not looking for any award booking business, I've booked well over a hundred million miles in low level premium cabin awards across mileage programs, I've had plenty of exposure in travel magazines and in newspapers. So when folks from frequent flyer forums come to me I generally try to offer them free advice rather than paid services, I'd rather teach them to make their own bookings.

Of course I'm always learning, too. I'm far from infallible and I'm always getting more experienced and more knowledgable. Where I fall short, I do want to know!

Best,
Gary