FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:16 pm
mclee19

Programs: Choice Privileges DIA, HHonors, United, Delta
Two Georgia hotels...

Comfort Inn Newnan GA - Grade C

Was in limbo one night not knowing if I had to catch a flight at ATL or drive down to Columbus, so I stayed here based on a highway sign. Was almost certain this was a rogue hotel with the Comfort marque but no actual affiliation based on strange things at check in (and it not showing up on the worthless droid app), but found out a couple of weeks later that it is.

Completely and thoroughly average CI with no internet access to speak of. Don't know if it was this one night thing or not, other reviews indicate it isn't. It is easy to get to off the interstate, though, decent number of food options very close by.

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport North ATL Airport - Grade C-

Older hotel, shows the age, but other than that... average. I dropped off my rental in the evening, the "10-15 minutes" for the shuttle took the typical 45, shuttle back in the AM very crowded. Not much more to say. Decent number of food options nearby, looks like a lounge on site, though they were having a very loud (in the lobby, not the rooms) Halloween party the night I was there.

Both hotels have too much competition in the immediate area for me to go back, though if they were the only options, they would be... OK, I guess.