FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contact Details - Re: Complaint
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:24 pm
vbroucek

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by smeags_nz
So do you not believe that airlines are responsible for trying to contact their clients when there has been a schedule change?

All I'm after is an apology from Virgin, we were traveling with some clients, so it wasn't a good look arriving to check in 90 minutes before departure time, to be told by Air New Zealand that check in had closed and the flight was now departing 30 minutes earlier. Instead Virgin have tried to pass the buck and blame Air New Zealand.
BTW, PacificBlue website recommends check in 120 min prior the departure...

30 minutes is not that big change, happens sooo often. I do not believe that airlines are responsible - they usually do try contact, but they are not responsible - traveller is.

Now, I have just travelled with DJ recently and there was slight change in the departure time. I just looked back in my e-mail and they sent me e-mail week before the departure, when the change did happen, and then I got another e-mail exactly 24 hours before departure again, inviting me to use OLCI. I have done 4 flights with DJ in the past three months and in all four cases, I received such e-mail...

So from that, I am somehow puzzled that you did not receive anything...

Just to put you in the picture. I book my long haul flights often 10+ months ahead and flight times do change more often than I would like to. I hardly receive any notifications about those changes, but I regularly check my PNR on-line and do see the changes there. I never ever rely on original printed itineraries or e-tickets.