FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 12: How should Talkboard members get feedback from the community at large?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:42 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I think the existing channels through which TalkBoard members can receive (and respond to) feedback from the public--the TalkBoard Topics forum, in the general discussion forums, via private messages, and, of course, in person--are, in general, useful means of communication. I've used all of them.

What I think is lacking is the "advertising" of these means of communication and even the existence of the TalkBoard itself.

There's a balance, however, between overloading the pages of FlyerTalk with information that's not relevant to everyone and making such information easy to find for those who want it.

I've maintained a link in my signature for the entire duration I've served on TalkBoard that leads to the TalkBoard Topics forum. It's a small link, and I'd like it if the signature length parameters allowed for me to more fully describe TalkBoard and invite feedback, but my hope is that those who see the title of "TalkBoard Member" underneath my handle and who wonder what that means will then click on the TalkBoard link, where that question is answered.

Some of the other ideas I'd had previously turned out to be harder to implement on a technical level, such as creating a clickable TalkBoard avatar that leads to a description and feedback form.

Some feedback has made its way to the Community Director via the Contact Us link in the top menubar. The Community Director has then (not often, but occasionally) brought that feedback in front of the TalkBoard for us to discuss and consider. I'd like it if that feedback link were able to be made more prominent and have even considered asking for a specific "TalkBoard" link in that feedback form that then gets sent as an email to the nine TalkBoard members (something easily set up).

I'm very open to any ideas from the community about how to best solicit and receive feedback, and I will bring forth any ideas sent to me on this or any other topic. During the time I have been a TalkBoard member, I have made it a strong point to always bring up among the larger TalkBoard any member concerns brought to me. They haven't always been supported by the necessary supermajority, but I have and will continue to represent the membership of FlyerTalk and make sure their concerns or ideas are heard.