FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco Travel Booking
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:28 am
mikesteg

Originally Posted by Tenerife
Once you have booked a cruise with an agent (Costco or any other) or transferred a booking made with the cruiseline to an agency, the cruiseline (at least in my experience with RCCL, Celebrity, Princess etc.) will no longer discuss your booking with you or make changes to it. At that point your only partner for communications will be the agent with whom the cruise is now booked, and the cruiseline will only talk with him.

My most recent example of this happened just last week when I called the cruiseline to confirm that the OTA, to whom I had transferred the booking, had transferred my final payment in time. First the CSR said she couldn't give me that information. After insisting that I just wanted a "yes" or "no" answer as to whether my reservation was paid in full, she said "yes". Since I am working with this agency for the first time (and they had quoted me a exceptionally good price), I just wanted to be doubly sure that everything was done as promised. But, it was like "pulling teeth" to get that simple "yes".
I agree with your point 100%, but who were you booking with that you couldn't check your online docs to verify no balance due? Even Carnival gets their docs updated more or less immediately (and you can't print the boarding pass until paid in full... at least with CCL.)