FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weather Cancellation but Still Want Miles - What are the Rules?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:45 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weather Cancellation but Still Want Miles - What are the Rules?

Have a mileage run scheduled to the Northeast in December. Sort of worried about weather messing up the plan.

Questions:

1 - If weather is bad and a waiver goes into effect, can I somehow tell them to keep the money and give me the miles?

2 - If something goes wrong enroute and the re-route me with the most direct routing, are there conditions where I CANNOT get Original Routing Credit that I should avoid? (I had to maximize my miles.)

3 - Ticket is mixed UA/CO on UA ticket. Does that make any difference? Plan to credit into MP where I am 1K.

4 - If outbound is rerouted, can I request return to be rerouted also on the most direct route (which would not be UA/CO) and still get ORC for the entire journey on MP? I wonder if they route me to another carrier both ways, then can I just not go at all and claim ORC with UA?

Just want to be prepared. Wasn't going to go for 1K this year but turned out I am only 9000 miles short. So decided to go for it. This run should net me over 7000.

Thanks.