FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with the Grand Slam Promo?
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:39 am
vysean

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Need Help with the Grand Slam Promo?

The GS Promo is winding down, and with that come an influx of questions from first-timers, people who are wondering if they can still participate, those wondering how to hit a tier threshold, etc.

Before posting in here or creating a new thread, consider if your question is better-suited to one of the existing master threads - hotel stays, hotel transfers, credit cards, car rentals, netflix, officemax, skymall, shopping mall, or all other partner hits.

Not sure where to post? Read the FAQs below and post your question and someone will be happy to help.

Now for some FAQs:

Is it too late to get started? For the 2011 GS Promo, yes. However it's never too early to start collecting hotel points to transfer, complete e-miles and e-rewards activities, and similar things. If you take advantage of promos and opportunities that come up throughout the year, you can easily complete 11 hits (assuming partners stay the same for GS12).

My miles for X haven't posted yet - should I be worried? Check the relevant master threads above. If you have an account on GSScorecard.com, you can see whether other people who completed an activity before or around the same time as you are still waiting.

The activity date was reported incorrectly (listed as after 11/14) - what do I do? Save copies of all email confirmations that show the true activity date and/or credit card statements showing charges on the true activity date. Contact US Airways Partner Marketing ([email protected]) and request assistance. They may direct you to contact the vendor for assistance.

I need X hits still - what would you suggest? It all depends on your individual circumstance. Post what you've done and how many you need here and someone will make a suggestion. Note that hits tend to become more expensive as you attempt to reach the higher tiers (24+ hits), so those last X hits you need may cost as much or more as the first 15 you completed.

Any vendors to specifically watch out for? Check the other partner hits thread first post for a summary of any issues and the post below for "good" and "bad" partners. As long as the activity date reported to US Airways is 11/14 or earlier, you should be okay. Some vendors use order date as activity date, some use completion date, some use shipping date, and others use delivery date.

Last edited by vysean; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:47 am