FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 3: What technical changes would you like for FlyerTalk?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:36 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I am also not a tech expert but "the computer is our friend" and it is a machine that can be made to do what we want it to do so with that.....

The iPhone/iPad/iPod app is great but it can be better-a lot better. I'd like to see the mobile app function more like a browser based version of Flyertalk where one can not only subscribe to threads but also have the mobile app be able to bring you to the first unread post in a given thread. I've recently inherited an iPod touch and am still getting used to the F/t app but those are my 2 big pet peeves (and forgive me if this is already out there but like I said, I'm still learning my way around the app). Also, and again forgive me as again, I'm new to the mobile app scene, but if there is not another platform's mobile app such as android, there should be one as well as while I am a die hard everything mac person, not everyone is.

I'd also like to see if Chat can be improved [if it is going to remain]

I’d also like to see a simple option of also being able to log-in using the e-mail address one uses for F/T communication in addition to logging in with one’s handle because I'm lazy as when I log in to say United using my e-mail address, I simply copy my e-mail address and then paste it into another site which also has that option.