FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long do timetable changes last? (LGW-JER schedule)
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:08 am
cornishsimon

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by dark_horse
Thought I'd resurrect this thread, rather than start a new one, as the question is now in reverse.

This morning I did the first LGW-JER flight; not at 07:20 but at the comparatively leisurely 08:35. For me, it's so much better! I can get up at 6am and take a train, rather than 4:45am and an unreliable taxi. Although the GEX passes by about a quarter of a mile from my house, the 'Express' bit means it doesn't stop (not unreasonably, I suppose! ) and nothing else does at that time of the morning.

Unfortunately, I see that the schedules are due to swap back to a 07:20 departure come spring 2012.

So, is there any point in writing to BA and saying how much I prefer the 08:35 departure - as it had been for years? Or will they simply take the view of how many pax take each flight? I'm realistic enough to know my opinion may count for diddly-squat!

well one letter from one person would mean nothing, but who knows what others think? you might not be the only one writing in ?

at the end of the day I would guess that the LGW-JER rotations could well be good money earners for BA, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that BA could add extra capacity if the demand for flights exist, every time iv taken the flight its been totally rammed with no spare seats, but other more regular users would be able to comment on the loads better than me

cs