FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do I have to actually check-in to get points and stay credit? (Pre-Paid Room)
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:05 am
WestLA-FF

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by jkburns1
right no need to stay at all.. But do need to physically check in and can then turn around and go... No need to go past the front desk and even enter the room let alone mess up the bed either - just unnecessary work for housekeeping!
+1 on not messing up the bed or the towels. Besides the effort required, once those items are touched they have to be washed. And we all know that hotels are huge users of resources (water, power) and generate lots of pollution (detergent, truck emissions if outside wash service is used).
When i do MRs for the stay credit, I check in and tell the front desk to give me the lowest-level room, so that upgrades can go to others later in the day who are actually sleeping there. If you are more comfortable actually stepping into the room, go do so, grab the water bottle and leave.
One additional benefit I've recently taken advantage of due to C+P stays gaining stay credit: there Is a 4points near the house that I book for $30+1600, rather than the +$100 minimum cash rate. They give me a breakfast voucher for being plt. I've done a couple of early Sunday morning check ins and enjoyed the buffet then, rather than the next morning. Expensive for what is served but better than the grapefruit have at home.