FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:56 am
DHalltheway

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by tycosiao
DHalltheway, Thank you for your suggestion.

After some hours of reading and reading, I have came to a conclusion myself.

First, on stays with status with Hyatt compared to stays without status with SPG.

I have decided to give my business to Hyatt due to the status being given to me during my challenge.

I see the 4 suite upgrade certs, breakfast, lounge and upgrades that outweigh the challenge set forth by SPG.

I have read at http://travel.bart.la/2011/04/12/hya...tch-challenge/ that I will receive another 4 suite upgrade certs after retaining Diamond after the challenge. So gonna stay at Hyatt when I bring my parents to HK during Chinese New Year next year. Is this right?

Secondly,
For a place I travel to that does not have a Hyatt but has a SPG, there's still IHG for me to choose. So not much of big losses here.

Thirdly,
The differences in prices of hyatt and SPG in places that I am going are not substantial and in fact, the Grand Hyatt Beijing is cheaper than Westin or St Regis.

I am hoping that I am making the right choice here. thanks to FT for helping me embark a new journey with Hyatt.
I have never done the challenge so I am not sure if you get the 4 suite upgrades completing the challenge.

You should PM Gold Passport Concierge on that.

I don't regret being a HGP member. =)