FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Combined]The Return of the Dollar Coin?/Mint suspends production
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:16 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Oh I'm so in! But they wont do it.

They wont because of two reasons:

1) it's logical.

2) they will recall some [NPR] reporters who wanted fame so badly they stopped a bunch of frequent fliers and they don't want to make coins possible just to support frequent fliers, not even for a minute. (That's what they may actually think just to find a way to not do it!)

Ya know, people ARE like that.

I will never ever forget years ago back in college when my friend and I went to this campus store where they had a snack bar, some video games and a change machine.

We needed to get quarters to do laundry and there was this big sign up that said, "no change for laundry available at the cash register - use change machine" with an arrow pointing to it. Okay, so well, we tried to use it but it seemed to be newly out of order.

So we went to the register to nicely explain to the guy working there but he was adamant. "Sorry, no change," he grunted! We couldn't even get him to change a $5 bill to 5 $1 bills. Well, I grabbed a candy bar and my friend got a coke from the soda machine and wouldn't ya know it: They guy actually said, "Sorry, I'm not selling these things to you two because I know you are only buying them to get change."

I'm not kidding.

To this day I kinda wish I kilt that guy. Like I said, people ARE like that.

MM