FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do I have to actually check-in to get points and stay credit? (Pre-Paid Room)
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:12 pm
jkburns1

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
You don't have to actually stay to get stay credit. You do usually have to check-in.
After all, the hotel doesn't know if you checked in, messed up the bed, and then left, or if you actually slept there.
And, are there rules about how long you have to 'stay'? Can you 'stay' in the room for 5 minutes, and then leave, and get stay credit? Do they require you 'stay' overnight? I've read in this board that you can book a partial-day room (ie: after red-eye flight, sleep for 3-4 hours in room, then check out) and get stay credit, without getting nights credit.

Again: how long do you have to 'stay' to get stay credit? Can you check in, pay for room, then spend the night with a friend down the hall, or in another hotel close by? Should the hotel deny you the stay credit if you don't mess up the bed? If I was a property owner, I'd put out the word for a special 'stay/night' reservation, where you just have to show up, pay a low rate, and go your way. The ultimate guest: Pays their rate, then doesn't make a mess!
right no need to stay at all.. But do need to physically check in and can then turn around and go... No need to go past the front desk and even enter the room let alone mess up the bed either - just unnecessary work for housekeeping!