Old Oct 24, 11, 7:00 am
krpjr
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
MU has gotten better, as there are no blackout dates listed for 2012 yet (and hopefully there won't be any). With KE, the situation is more complicated. What's going on is that KE is charging SkyPass members a higher rate for certain types of flights during certain periods, and thus they're not available to partners. However, sometimes this blackout applies only to domestic Korean flights, but DL blacks out the long-haul ones, too. See this chart. If DL IT were more sophisticated, it would just recognize the flight number ranges that were inaccessible and make them that way during the right periods. For instance, I couldn't get SYD-ICN-LHR on 23 December on KE, even though it wouldn't be at the higher rate if I were using SkyPass miles. (Wanted to stay in Oz a bit longer any way, but might have come back earlier on KE if I could to save the $320 in MH YQ I had to pay.)
Thanks for summing that up mate. Just these AZN carriers piss me off a bit with their blackout dates, ya know? Same thing happens on oneworld with JAL...I just hope DL blocks the same dates from KE mile users from redeeming when they block us.