FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Brussels [BRU]
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:29 am
MichielR

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by sinalet
Flying SN2094 (LHR > BRU) connecting to SN201 (BRU > DKR) this Sunday. SN2094 arrives at 13:20; SN201 departs at 14:15.

A bit worried with the 55-minute connection since I just realized a bus transfer is involved at BRU to get from the B gates to the T gates:

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/com/...m=26088#Africa

Presumably, I also have to re-clear security. Any advice from BRU FTs on whether or not this is doable? If SN2094 is late arriving, any chance I'll get help from SN getting over to the T gates and/or them holding 201 for me? Flying in J if it makes any difference.
I haven't personally done this bus transfer but I come through BRU quite often.

I'd not worry about the 55 minutes in BRU on a Sunday. I'd be more concerned about departing from LHR, where delays are rather the norm.

The bus transfer is to avoid a long walk from B through A to the T gates. You will have another security check: there is one at the middle of the B pier arrivals level and a 'normal' transfer route at the beginning of the B pier, turning right and going up just before the passport control. It will depend on where your arriving flight docks which one is more convenient, but in most cases the one in the middle will be.

The T transfer bus departs next to the non-Schengen bus departures, ground level. The map that you can find through the link you provided will be helfpul.

I know SN sometimes use a shuttle bus for delayed transfer pax (colleagues on intra-EU transfer), so I'd not be surprised if this would happen in case of a delay; but I wouldn't absolutely count on it.