FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Time to limit SkyClub access
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:30 am
DLroads

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At what point will DL wake up and realize that the disgraceful state of the SCs is driving premium passengers to other carriers? When one pays DL fares, including M+, for a TATL or TPAC flight and then has a horrible SC experience, one quickly becomes less willing to fly DL again. For example, there is a world of difference between the atmosphere in the ANA lounges at NRT and the current SC conditions there.
And, since I've been there on Sunday, I have to agree with MSPeconomist

Especially between 13:00 (aka-1pm) and 16:30 (aka-4:30pm), the SC at NRT T1 is crowded at levels one would not imagine. The only thing that 'saves' the place is the fact that it is has truly dedicated Japanese staff members who do cleaning and organizing every 15-20 minutes (I watched them)

Investment in SC is critical. I have to be up front: I would have paid again for SC membership if I did not receive one as a DM. It is sooooooooooooo crowded that I did find myself few times relaxing at the terminal instead of the lounge.