FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Around the World on a Star - *A J RTW
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2011, 5:42 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Eventually I started to watch some more TV episodes as breakfast started. By now I was a good 10 or 12 cups of coffee down, time for some food. I figured if I resynced my body to local time I could fool it into avoiding jetlag. Hopefully. So I kept it pretty light for breakfast with just fruit and toast, o and more coffee of course, so unfortunately unable to comment on the hot breakfast. The toast was ok though. Again service was a bit haphazard. I was really starting to begin to think that it was just the crew member working my section.

My Breakfast, Coffee & Fruit... boring I know by Kaell116, on Flickr

Almost to LAX by Kaell116, on Flickr

Eventually we were about 40 minutes out and the captain came on with his pre top of descent talk. It was good to know that we would shortly be on the ground. If things were going to go well, it meant that we would be coming in from the west, and the captain confirmed this. He also advised of sunny conditions. This meant an In n Out run for some spotting and that meant an afternoon of fun & frivolity!

Starting our Descent towards LA by Kaell116, on Flickr

Almost to LA by Kaell116, on Flickr

Seeing the Clouds Dissapear... good sign by Kaell116, on Flickr

Coming in over Islands by Kaell116, on Flickr

As we descended we came in over orange county and Disneyland/Knotts Berry Farm before turning onto the approach from the west. We flew right infront of the In n Out and I was snapping madly out the window as soon as we hit the taxi ways with heaps of good spotting going on out the window. We pulled alongside our gate at Terminal 2 and then we shut down… in the middle of the taxi way. Ah crap… a Tow IN gate. Even though we were early, this obviously just ended that little bit of an early arrival as we had to wait for the tractor to tow us in. O well.

Pretty Sure thats Orange County Airport by Kaell116, on Flickr

More LA Sprawl by Kaell116, on Flickr

Distance to LA - 25 Miles... o yeah! by Kaell116, on Flickr

Lots of Houses by Kaell116, on Flickr

Over the LA Canals by Kaell116, on Flickr

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum by Kaell116, on Flickr

More Qantas A380s than ive ever seen at home by Kaell116, on Flickr

Pretty soon we were attached to the gate, and then soon enough we were deplaning and heading to LAX immigration, right behind a plane load of british tourists. God damn, this did not look good.

Skyteam Liveried Air France by Kaell116, on Flickr

Virgin Atlantic by Kaell116, on Flickr

My Ride from Auckland - Air New Zealand - 777-300ER by Kaell116, on Flickr

Last edited by `X'; Oct 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm