FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lasik in Thailand
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:30 pm
RoninTech

Programs: Aeroplan
Not a Thai experience but I'll relate mine anyway:

I also had it done in 1999 in Calgary once my prescription had stabilized. I was the only Canadian there with the other 15 or so people being from the states due to the outrageous prices down there at the time.

It ranks as one of the best things I've ever done in my life. I was not blind but had to wear glasses or contacts for driving. What a life changing experience! I've had better than perfect vision ever since. Had some coronas around lights at night for the first couple of months that that went away and wasn't an issue while it was there.

My story from the day I had it done was that my wife had gone to the library to get me a couple of audio books as you shouldn't watch TV or use a computer. While she was out I decided to make a tuna salad sandwich. Trust me when I say DO NOT cut onions or scallions shortly after having eye surgery!

I know probably 20 people that have had it done. One had problems. The idiot went back to work in front of his computer, got dry eyes and rubbed his eye, tearing the flap off that they cut. Totally self inflicted by his stupidity.

P.S. For some comparison, right now the same place in Calgary charges $490 CDN/eye