FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your camera of choice while traveling?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 am
piper28

[QUOTE=DavenM;17262739All I take along is my iPhone.
The pictures come out great.. and just wait until I get the new iPhone 4S, which has an 8 megapixel camera!
[/QUOTE]

I'll be real curious to see how the pictures from the iphone 4s come out in the real world. One thing I actually thought apple had done right is *not* pack in a higher megapixel camera into the 4. 8MP in a sensor that size just seems like an awful lot to me. So it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Personally, I'm using a Canon XTi (400D). Really would like to upgrade it to a 60D or 7D, but haven't convinced myself it's worth the cost yet, plus I'd really like to upgrade my shorter lens to a 17-55 2.8, but haven't really wanted to pay for that either . 70-300 IS for longer lens, and I really like that one.

Backup for a while was a Fuji F30, until my wife dropped that and the lens no longer retracts. Shame, that was a real nice camera, especially indoors, most other P&S's I've tried just can't live up to it indoors. Playing with a Canon SX230 lately, but I think I might have to send it in, I'm not convinced the focus is all that good on it.