FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Room Reward only at certain properties - Major Devaluation of HH points
Old Oct 12, 2011, 6:21 pm
oenophilist
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by andysiz
I wrote this earlier, but everyone should really try writing/tweeting/calling Hilton and complaining (respectfully). If enough people speak up, maybe something might be done (think Netflix and their Qwikster spinoff mulligan recently).

I've written my email to HHonors and Hilton, and started engaging their Twitter reps. As others have indicated, to me this is truly an "I will leave Hilton completely" dilemma (not just grandstanding). If you do not like it, please let Hilton reps know; don't just assume others will do the complaining. If enough people cry out (especially you Diamonds out there), maybe they'll revise their policy.
It looks like they responded to you on Twitter, let us know what they say!

And I agree, this is an "I will leave Hilton" type of devaluation. We aren't talking about a 10% deval or something similar, this is massive, basically making the most interesting properties in the entire portfolio unavailable (I mean, really, it would take close to a million points to get a week at some of the properties...)