FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babyliss Pro travel/folding hairdryer
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:19 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I have the babyliss dual voltage travel dryer and love it for its size, weight and power. I have semi-thick wavy hair that likes to stay wet and the ion feature helps cut the drying time by half.

However, if you have really thick hair, I would recommend a stronger (but sadly larger) dryer.

Be careful when you order this dryer as it was been recalled a few years back. For some unknown reason vendors are still selling the recalled unit. The recalled unit has a model number that contains -052 while the new "safe" models are "-053" If you do accidentally get a recalled one, try to get a refund and buy somewhere else or contact Conair. The recall is still effective, and they will replace the recalled unit for free (free shipping both ways) ^ . However the unit they send is the factory (refub?) unit and does not have the CE tags so you would have basically used up your warranty for the recall-trade-in.

The new version is just a touch weaker than the old version that was recalled bc the fan was too strong and would spin itself off and shatter the body of the dryer. However this is still a really strong dryer for its tiny size.

Also there are 2 versions of this dryer: 1) with a fixed handle that only handles 120V (US & Canada) that also has the cool-shot feature and 2) dual voltage and folding handle. Both look the same and the model number differs only by a suffix "T" for the dual voltage version.