FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:14 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoyo
Happy,

That's interesting. I have redeemed two tickets in 2007 and 2009 and have never noticed any points expired/expiring. I had no activities on the PP elite cards since 2009. Thankyou points website only let me see activities for the last 12 months and I only have monthly Citigold points. How do I see the flight points as well as expiration date? I only see points expiring in 90 days as zero in the summary.

Thank you.
Tickets redeemed using TYPs dont earn flight points I am sure you know about this. Only the tickets charged on PPE card would earn your flight points. Citi now has a $50 threshold for flights to earn flight points - i.e. a Southwest ticket costs $49.99 would earn 0 flight points for example. Talk about tickets redeemed in 2007 and 2009, especially 2007... Still have almost $4000 worth of combined airline credits from the canceled tickets not used up yet... (but they are giving me headache when it comes to renew their "lives...) And of course the tickets bought with those vouchers earn miles.

Flight points do NOT show up on TYN because they are not TYPs. They are on your statement and that is the ONLY place you would see them.

Click that 90 days tab, then it will let you see the expiration dates of ALL points from ALL TYP cards. If you haven't used your PPE since 2009, you probably should use it a little bit so Citi could not eventually canceled your card for Inactivity - this could cause trouble down the road because there has at lease one reported case that a card being closed for Inactivity is coded WRONG in Citi's system as being closed by the bank (with adverse action). Either you put some charge on it so it is not inactive for extended time, or closes the card yourself since you dont use it any more.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm