FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incident with my children
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:43 am
AAaLot

Incident with my children

Incident with my children

2 days ago I was traveling with my 3 children (11 12, 14) out of DFW.

The ID checker asked them for their names and where there were going.

I told the ID checker that I did not give her permission to talk to my children directly and that any questions would need to come through me.

She ignored my request and against my request asked my children again and my children started to comply to which I stopped the process again. She asked for a supervisor.

The supervisor stated that the children had to answer. To which I stated they did not and that I would like to see in writing where it said they had to. The supervisor stated it was a secret directive (to which I thought he should not be mentioning secrets in the open like that ).

The supervisor stated they were also looking out for kidnap children (generically, not specifically)...and that is why it was important to ask for their names. I told him that that was not part of his job.

Meanwhile the ID checker was telling my daughter I was wrong.

The supervisor asked again and my children complied against my wishes and as I repeatedly told the supervisor to talk to me.

Then...I opted against the nudo-scope

My children also opted out, but were not patted down.

One agent moved my stuff from the belt to the screening and left stuff behind at the belt. He SCREAMED to follow him, to which I stated I was still missing pieces and it was my responsibility to know where my stuff was at all time. He SCREAMED and BARKED a few more times, but I stayed in the middle between the screening area and the belt.

Got a thorough pat down.

My kids where humiliated. Told them not comply with rules that were made up, but could tell they were trained to comply with badge a little more today.

** added: we are a family of 5 AA executive platinum...they were humiliated with me (the attention from everyone)...they were not scared. The point is that [from what I know] TSA should not be addressing children directly, they are not in the child kidnap business, they should not be referring to secret directives. TSA should follow the rules they have set for themselves

Interested in your comments

Last edited by AAaLot; Oct 10, 2011 at 5:44 am