FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:46 pm
philwupdx

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by shinbal
We just spent 6 nights at Liverpool Street. Our experience was lovely, and we had nothing but great things to say about the staff. I suppose the free Diamond breakfast, which extended to room service and the almost ridiculous meals we had for free each day, could be swaying my views. The minibar was far more generous here than at the NY 5th Avenue property, and we had no problems getting more waters, cookies, etc. Housekeeping was on top of everything and we enjoyed a fine turndown service each evening. We did use the gym which I found more than adequate. I loved the super-long bathtub!

What I really liked here was the overall presentation. Hyatt has created a new brand, and has kept it classy instead of trendy. It's not hokey like Starwood's W brand. The staff was well dressed, professional, and very quick at taking care of any request. We can't wait to return!
I have a five night stay at the Andaz Liverpool coming up in February, 2012. I'm relatively new to Gold Passport but have achieved Platinum status. This will be my first experience at an Andaz property. I'm curious if you have any tips to help make my stay successful. Five nights are a long time if there are problems!

I'm actually a fan of W Hotels (and Starwood properties in general), but some of the design elements can be somewhat extreme. I view Andaz as more tasteful and restrained, though I may change my mind once I'm there.