FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:09 am
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Your blind trust / faith may soon meet the ugly reality if you haven't gotten yours yet. Things have turned to progressively worse after Labor Day holiday when AMEX has made the decision to not honor offers notated to non-targeted accounts. At first talking to Exec Office may still help, but not any more.

Read the "Not honored" thread - Plenty of failure reported in that thread in the AMEX forum.

I was helping a person via PM - he had his account notated, but was shot down 4 times even after talking to the Executive Office.

Happy my friend you may be right. I am still hoping that the person that I spoke with over 3 times will come through. I know she is going to BAT for me for certain.

In the event her bosses put the Kebab on what I am entitled to , and overrule her requests, I am prepared to fight on.

What I have in my favor is over 25 years of loyalty , and over 300k MR which would indicate that I spent a sizeable amount of personal money with Amex, and never had any other card but Amex for that time. As a matter of fact I have had Platinum for over 20 years, and have prolly paid over $6000 in annual fees , which are 100% profit for Amex.

I have another Visa card that I use for emergencies here in Greece when I run into someone that does not accept Amex. In the USA I refuse to frequent any merchant that does not accept Amex. I have had this Visa card for 10 years and don't think I have spent $1500 total on it.

I just went to the thread that you mentioned and see that as of yesterday , Air Force flyer got his bump for his account noted in august.
Also High Flyer2s account has been sent up the line And he mentions Amex looking at late august and sept applications.
My PRG app/approval was the first week of august. Also my Amex Biz approval was mid August so hopefully I got in under the wire.

Also mention of people being jerked around but I don't know when their cards were approved or bump requested.

Being the ultra cautious person I am , I have had multiple conversations with multiple CSRs whose names , locations , depts and dates I have noted , and reiterated the terms of my account in every conversation. If i asked them to go to the tape, it would be longer than the missing Watergate tapes of the Nixon Era. I have eliminated Amexs claim of plausible deniability.

I went into this process with good intentions, and hopefully I will come out of it with good results. In case anyone thinks that not being targeted for something and then expecting to get it is not good intentions, I compare it to not being in Bloomingdales or Macy's when an item you bought had a reduced price. The good stores have a price match guarantee and Amex had the opportunity to tell people you are not eligible for this promotion when you activated the card and asked for the promo code to be added , as DL did to me 2 times.

I will remain cautiously optimistic .
The saying "membership has it's privileges " will be tested . Only time will tell, and time is running out !

Last edited by PETERPNYC; Oct 9, 2011 at 8:57 am Reason: New info