FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points and Money Rewards: The Definitive Thread
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:49 am
satori

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Points & Money Rewards showed a published table in the Hilton HHonors Expanded FAQ when I published a Hilton HHonors Points & Money Analysis on my Loyalty Traveler blog two days ago. Within hours of my post all references to the Points & Money table and amounts were removed from the Hilton website. The Points & Money table had been around since April 2011.

Old FAQ:

11. I don't have enough points to book a room using Standard Room Rewards. Is purchasing points my only option?
Not having enough points shouldn't keep you from seeing the world. That's why HHonors members can use a combination of HHonors points and money to book a standard room. Availability of Points & Money Rewards varies by participating hotel and booking date. The chart below displays the number of points you'll need:

Points & Money Rewards Redemption Table

Hotel Category Points & Money Rewards
1 Unavailable
2 6,250 Pts + US$30
3 12,500 Pts + US$40
4 15,000 Pts + US$50
5 17,500 Pts + US$60
6 20,000 Pts + US$70
7 25,000 Pts + US$85
Waldorf Astoria® 30,000 Pts + US$100

12. How quickly can I earn an HHonors reward night?

Faster than you may think! Enjoy free nights for as few as 7,500 points per night with Standard Room Rewards. Or get to a reward night even faster with Points & Money Rewards for as few as 6,250 points + US$30 per night at participating hotels.

All references to the amounts shown in the Points & Money table were removed. In place of the table the HHonors Expanded Rewards FAQ page now reads:

The number of points required to redeem Points & Money Rewards varies by room, hotel, and booking date.