FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC The Palazzo Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:04 am
tangey

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Sydfly
I was under the impression that the Venetian would upgrade RAs to have Prestige lounge access. Re-reading the previous pages it sounds like they make you buy Prestige access even as RA?

Has anyone asked to be upgraded to the Club (Prestige) instead of getting the room upgrade? Don't we have a choice as RAs? I'd rather have Prestige access than a "view" upgrade which to me isn't really worth it if I can see the strip from the lounge.

Also, would someone be able to explain to me the difference between the VIP lounge (which RA's apparently have access to) and the Prestige lounge? Is there still breakfast served in the VIP lounge and they seem to have drinks there as well during the day?

Last time I stayed on the Prestige level they had a small breakfast selection with fruit, cereal, danishes etc and I think at night time they had some snacks...can't remember whether there was free alcohol or not. Is that similar to what you get in the VIP lounge or is this more like a special conciergy desk?

My understanding is that the Venetian doesn't have prestige, only the palazzo has prestige level. There are many reports on here of people staying at the palazzo as RA, and no one has ever gotten a prestige level upgrade.

In fact I have a 4 night booking, I BOOKED a prestige level suite, and my RA has so far got me an upgrade from prestige luxury to prestige luxury "view", a room type that is NOT bookable, i.e. effectively a 1/2 level upgrade at best. Even challenging this by email resulted in a "maybe" upgrade to a bella at checkin, which is a "maybe" 1 level upgrade...very poor. I wonder is it because it was booked via a 3rd party site ? (which *should* not make a difference)

With regarding to VIP and prestige lounge at the palazzo, my understanding is that RAs (and some grazie members) have access to the VIP lounge which is beside the checkin desks. Only prestige bookings have access to THAT lounge which provides somewhat more substantial food and berverage options.

The above is info I have gleened from the threads here, I havn't actually stayed yet.