FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Valet" parking at Auckland International?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:10 pm
ajnz

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by birder
Originally Posted by smeags_nz
The Wellington one isn't too bad either, undercover, very close to the terminal and plenty of space to just pull up outside, drop the keys in and leave it for them to park. They print your boarding passes and bag tags too, although I'm sure they do this in Auckland and Christchurch as well.

Again, not an actual valet service, but pretty handy.
They didn't do any of this at Auckland International. It's a parking lot. You park your car. You take your luggage into the terminal building. You find the the Koru desk, and give them your keys. They hand you a ticket. Then you go check in. None of the services that you mentioned above - at least not at the international terminal.

The worst part is, you drive into the "valet" area and have no idea what to do because you expect to see someone there - or at least a sign!
It has been years since I used Koru Valet at AKL International but it seemed pretty straightforward previously -- with a sign.

Park car in the small holding lot (6-8?), drop keys to desk by one of the doors next to that small lot, go to checkin. Reverse process on arrival.

I guess with all the renovations things have changed a bit, but it used to be quite straightforward and not too dissimilar to many "valet" lots in the US where you drop your car and it gets moved later to the real lot.