FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A New X-Ray Procedure at FNT - TSA says it's the same as always
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by KDS
Had a real chuckle yesterday at FNT airport. Put my shoes and "ziplock liquid" bag in a bin and was ready to push into the X-Ray machine when the TSA gal stopped me and said my shoes had to go on the conveyor belt.

I said, no, my shoes will stay in the bin, thank you very much. She stated her case again, and I declined.

So, to my amusement, she then says, "Well, then, if that's what you're going to do, then you cannot have anything else in the bin with your shoes. The shoes must be the only thing in the bin."

I inquired, "what?" She gets a full-size bin and hands it to me. I moved the ziplock bag to the new, empty bin.

I asked, "Is this a new procedure?" She says, no, it's always been this way. "Hmmm, it wasn't this way last week," I said. She said it is not a new procedure.

So, for giggles, I then said, "I guess it's pretty hard for everyone to keep up with the changing procedures." She replied, "Yeah, we have trouble keeping up too."

(Thought it was not a new procedure?)

Last edited by chollie; Sep 27, 2011 at 3:11 pm