FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Dollar EWR
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:03 pm
ENFO

Question about Dollar EWR

For my proposed route and schedule from EWR, Dollar has by far the cheapest rental price. Renting a minivan from EWR return to MHT from Sept 30 to Oct 12 is approx $1100 while everyone else is $2000 and up.

I'm not a frequent renter and previous experiences have been with Enterprise and National which I've been happy with.

I thought I'd ask if anyone has had previous experience with this branch (EWR) and whether they give good service. Do they have a good inventory? Would hate to arrive and not get the car I wanted or have to wait and be forced to go somewhere else for higher rates. Are the vehicles new? I'm thinking of reserving a minivan.

National doesn't charge for extra driver if it's the spouse. Does Dollar charge for that? I also noticed that Dollar's option to rent a tollpass unit is pretty expensive compared to other companies. But even with that included their price is still the lowest by far. It's great but it also makes me a bit nervous that their rates are so far below anyone elses.

It's my impression they're smaller than National or Enterprise and I'm wondering how they compare inventory wise and service wise.