Old Sep 24, 11, 2:53 pm
Errata

Programs: TK*G, IC Amb, IHG Plat, CC Gold, EY E+, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ldnhlj View Post
Cheers for the info. Did you speak to someone through the US tollfree or the UK number? As far as I am aware, the BRG department is located in the US (or at least the number suggests so, could also be an ICC though).
You're very welcome. All the numbers direct to the same call centre in the Philippines. I rang the US toll free number via Skype as it saves the 10p/min charge from my UK landline.

I guess at least this way you get to keep the stay credit and points for it since you will be checking out with a paid for receipt. And they should rightly allow you to keep them even when the costs are subsequently reimbursed as a gesture (or interests for that matter ) for your trouble.

When is your stay btw? would like to hear how things go down in the end.
Nice point! It's tomorrow night. I shall update on here how things go...

If you have not already, ask the BRG manager to put something down in writing for you, in case things get shifty unexpectedly. This way at least you have some valid grounds if you have to take it up via credit card dispute. Oh, and of course pay with a CC in the first place.

oh joy...
I'll try, but I never got the standard email about rate verification, so everything at the moment's by verbal communication. I'm about to ring the hotel this minute so if it doesn't get sorted tonight I'll be onto the BRG agent to get something in writing.