FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Sep 24, 2011, 2:21 pm
GoingAway
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by blue47
It could be interesting when the BIS folks get their EQM adjustments. I flew for some years at the CO platinum level that I earned during the 50% EQM rules if you were forced to use a corporate travel agency. My EQM were many fewer than my BIS. I did get the pleasure of flying NW and picking up some EQM (also at 50% if I remember). The poor UA BIS dedicated flyers missed that privilege. I also have some US EQM. That should make the UA flyers jealous. It was extremely rare when the EQM given to me was higher than BIS, and very common when it was much less.

My point is that a generalization that the measured BIS MM flyer is superior to the EQM MM flyer may not stand up in all cases.

My UA BIS miles are from eons ago when I did not live in a CO fortress hub. I am completely clueless what my adjustment will be. If they do not adjust it down, I should make the MM with it added in.
Where does superior come in? Different, absolutely, more focused on the metal flown, totally but superior? The sticks arev eally unnecessary and add no value to the discussion.

- there is no way to adjust downwards, where would that even come from?
- bummer you got 50% for some flights, but there are plenty of fare codes, etc situations on both sides where sub 100% eqm are posted, that isn't changing with the one time adjustment. If you got eqm - any - that will now go into the lfetime figure on the UA calc, thats all. With CO, that 50% is already counted, so yes you would be and are ahead of the game.